Liquorice is a herbal plant with a root that's sweet in flavour, with many health benefits. Its root is used as a powerful antifungal medicine, known for its strong anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effects and immune-boosting properties, due to glycyrrhizin acid.
Some of the health benefits of liquorice are:
· Anti H. pylori effects (Helicopacter pylori).
· Effective in treating oral diseases such as: gingivitis, candidiasis, oral ulcers, etc.
· Great for heart burn.
· Helps to soothe gastrointestinal issues.
· Repairs the lining and balance in the stomach.
· May be used to treat respiratory problems.
· Can also have a positive effect on stress.
You can easily drink it as a tea, add to food, or simply take as a supplement.
However too much consumption can increase blood pressure, and lower potassium. So, please take extra care and always consult your health practitioner.