Tomatoes are a common but extremely versatile fruit that is often mistaken as a vegetable.
They are full of the antioxidant lycopene, vitamins A, C, K, E, potassium, beta-carotene, and selenium.
The ratio of vitamins that are in tomatoes has been linked with many health benefits which include:
· Fighting Cardiovascular disease
· Helping decrease levels of cholesterol
· Helping with Muscle contractions
· Helping reduce and maintain healthy blood pressure
· Possibly balance excess body fluid
· Helping with Vision
· Healthier skin / collagen prevents skin from sagging
However, they are a part of the nightshade family, and overindulgence may have an impact on people suffering with arthritis or any other conditions that involve inflammatory symptoms.